An evening with Sir Michael Parkinson, Martin Taylor MBE & Alison Burns
Saturday 11 September 2010
Join Sir Michael Parkinson, Martin Taylor, MBE, and vocalist Alison Burns at Gleneagles for a sensational evening of lively chat and jazz.
Sir Michael Parkinson
Jazz aficionado, Sir Michael’s award-winning talk show, Parkinson, ran for over 800 shows, during which he interviewed more than 3000 famous people. He was awarded a knighthood for Services to Broadcasting in 2008.
Martin Taylor, MBE, and Alison Burns
Award-winning guitarist, Martin Taylor, who received an MBE for Services to Jazz Music in 2002, as established a musical career as an internationally acclaimed solo jazz guitarist. Alison brings her unique interpretation to traditional jazz standards and classic contemporary songs.
Prices, from £650 per couple sharing a Sovereign room, include:
- Cocktail reception at 7pm in The Glendevon Room, attended by Sir Michael,
Martin and Alison
- 4-course dinner in the Ballroom accompanied by live music
- After dinner, Sir Michael will present Martin and Alison performing on the
Ballroom stage, after which Martin will chat with Sir Michael about his love
and passion for jazz, with the opportunity for some questions from the audience
- To round off the evening, The Glendevon Room will be transformed into a
Jazz Bar, with the opportunity to personally meet Sir Michael, Martin and Alison
- Dress code : Black Tie or White Tie
- Wines and after dinner drinks are to guests’ own account
For those attending the event, make a weekend of it and stay on Friday 10 September and Sunday 12 September, The cost each night is £215 per Sovereign room, based on two adults sharing.